It is big news in the surfing world. The ASP Women’s longboard World Championship (WLT) traditionally comes to Biarritz during this period. This year it will be joined by a leg of the ASP Women’s World Tour, which assembles the Top 17 of World as well as wildcard Lee-Ann Curren.
The event offers a dream line-up, including: Stephanie Gilmore (Aus) four-times World Surfer Champion; Sally Fitzgibbons (Aus) 2nd runner up in 2010; Lee-Ann Curren (wildcard) from France will also headline alongside the sirens of noseriding, Jennifer Smith (USA) double World Champion and icon of the discipline Kassia Meador (USA).
The two competitions will be run during the same period. The Roxy Jam will be renamed the ROXY PRO for this occasion. On the longboard side, the girls will compete in the first of two legs of the World Circuit in Biarritz on the Cote des Basques, whilst the surfers will compete in their penultimate event of the season at nearby Villa Belza, or at one of neighbouring spots, which will have a mobile structure to have the best wave conditions.
With two legs of the ASP World Championships (longboard and surf) and a cultural program mixing concerts and art exhibitions, the ROXY PRO will make another mark on surfing history. More than anything else, it’s the unmissable event of the year!
The Roxy Pro, July 11th - 17th July in Biarritz:
- 1st of two legs of the ASP Women’s World Longboard Championship 2011.
- 6th and penultimate event of the ASP World Shortboard Championship 2011.
- Huge free concert Sat 16th July, Port Vieux Beach, Biarritz: Lily Wood & The Prick, The Sounds, and Pendentif.
- Art exhibition by Roxy icons Kassia Meador, Pandora Decoster and others, dedicated to surf culture and with a Californian thème.
- Free introduction to Surfing for the public, tandem surf demonstrations, fireworks for the 14th July.