In our I Surf Portugal Quarters you will not only get to know the most enjoyable sport ever but also enjoy the sun, the beach, delicious Portuguese food, meet people from all over the world and have fun discovering the vibrant beach town of Póvoa de Varzim. Are you ready for your next adventure? Just book your flight to Oporto Portugal and look forward to the spectacular sunset of the North West Atlantic Coast.
We offer surf lessons consisting of 1.5 to 2 hours per day for all surf levels. In the lessons, we are not only teaching the students the basics of surfing but also water safety and surf theory. The highlight of every week is our video analysis, where your surf instructor is giving you the best individual feedback based on your own surf footage. Surf lessons are divided by levels, so whether you are a beginner, intermediate or advanced you will be with people your level and will learn and improve your surfing skills. Just let us know how many days of surfing you want to book and we’ll set up your individual package! The surfboards and wetsuits are included in the surf course price and are free to use outside the surf lessons when available.
Why choose us?
- Surf holiday at little cost for all surf levels with 5 surf lessons in the water and weekly video analysis
- Cheap flights to Porto (OPO airport) and easy access to the surf apartment
- Comfortable accommodation in shared or private rooms only 10 minutes from the beach
- Stay in a small, shared apartment with super friendly vibes and big outside terrace
- Direct access to the lively centre of Póvoa de Varzim
- Certified Surf school (Portuguese Surfing Federation) with experienced instructors -Guests from everywhere in the world
- A multilingual team, lessons and activities in German, English, French, Spanish & Portuguese
There are a lot of activities to choose from when you are not surfing. You can always tell us what you like and we can try and arrange it for you. A few of our activities are:
- Take a day trip to Porto. Discover this amazing city voted Best European destination 2016!
- Movie night, game night, party at Póvoa de Varzim – our host Clément makes sure you never get bored during your holiday!
- Chilling at the beach and enjoying the amazing sunset
- Yoga on the beach
- Enjoy some cold beers with your flatmates on our outside terrace
Portugal is one of the best places to learn to surf in Europe; it has nearly 1800 km of coastline with beaches for surfing almost everywhere. The beaches of Porto and the North of Portugal are amongst some of the best beaches to have an uncrowded surf in Portugal!
Our surf apartment is located on a little side road in the heart of Póvoa de Varzim. Here you will find a genuine Portuguese vibe with very affordable Portuguese restaurants and bars and a little supermarket just around the corner. You’ll sleep in a shared bunk room with four beds or a private room with a double bed. All beds come with comfortable mattresses, bedding, bed linen and towels, so you can leave any extra luggage at home! Next to our chill area on the terrace and a chill room with a TV and games, you will also find a modern, fully equipped kitchen in the apartment, which is free to use for all of our guests.
You can find a price overview further below. If you would like to inquire for an individual booking offer or for further information, feel free to get in touch and we will happily answer all questions promptly. We’re looking forward to sharing a great experience with you!
The I Surf Portugal Team