Dreamsea Surf Camp Portugal is located in Praia da Galé, Alentejo. One of the best spots in Europe for surfing, the constant swell and the sunny weather during the whole year makes Alentejo the perfect place in order to enjoy the surfing and the good weather. Let yourself get surrounded by this magic place and feel the most beautiful nature. Join the Dreamsea family and share a lifetime experience, enjoying the surfing and the beach every day while staying at our amazing surf camp placed within Camping Galé, where we have at your disposal the best installations such as a great pool, bars, markets... Stay in our high quality "Bell" tents with our visco-elastic mattresses for a higher comfort and an optimal rest.
Stop waiting and enjoy your holidays with us according to our philosophy based in Sport, Nature and Youth.
Dreamsea Surf Camp Portugal is located in the campsite Camping Galé, in a pine forest just next to one of the most beautiful beaches in Portugal, “Praia da Galé”. The campsite offers great facilities such as swimming pool, beach bar, tennis court, futsal court, Wi-fi area, barbecues, ping-pong, mini ramp, volley ball area, slack line, indoboard and as well as a few stores inside the camp which include: supermarket, restaurant and bar.
Praia da Galé is situated on the west coast of Portugal, near the town of Melides. Is one of the most beautiful beaches in Portugal, and also a great place to surf, kilometers of virgin white sand beach, sunny weather, clean water and good waves make of this spot a magic place for everybody, and specially for surfers.
It is not by chance that Dreamsea has chosen this spot in order to open a surf camp in Portugal. The mid-west coast of Portugal is a perfect destination for surfing due to the constant swell, variety of waves and great sunny weather all year long. It thrives with life, where young people from all over Europe come to enjoy their summer holidays, where you will enjoy the sun, beaches, waves, sport, youth, beauties, surf, and specially the great environment.
Sweet dreams come from sleeping well. In Dreamsea we think that a good rest is an important part of having a great surf camp experience. We provide to our guests comfortable tents with quality mattresses. You won’t have to sleep on an air bed at our camp! We try to have the perfect place for everyone, that’s why we have two kinds of accommodation: our glamping tents are located in the quietest zone of the camp, perfect if you want more privacy and isolation and in the other side, are the regular surf camp tents: your place if you are looking for fun, party, people and a good mood.
Because there is no reason to sacrifice comfort and luxury if you want to enjoy the great experience of outdoor holidays in harmony and contact with nature.
Glamping is a new and growing trend from the last decade, a fusion of glamour and camping. It is a perfect concept for those who love the positive points of camping and outdoor lifestyles but want to forget all those negatives aspects and enjoy complete comfort.
We invite you to try this new concept of camping in our double bed glamorous tents. Furnished and decorated with a cozy and pleasant taste, out of recycled materials and equipped with a very comfortable mattress.
If you are traveling with a group of friends or alone and you are looking for an amazing time, getting to know new people from all over the world, party and fun, this area is the place to be for you.
These tents are right in the epicenter of all the surf camp movement, you won’t miss a thing. Always respecting the others, after a certain hour we have to continue partying in the clubs downtown.
Choosing this option doesn’t mean losing comfort. We offer big tents on wooden floors with proper mattresses. They are shared by two or three people depending on the size of the tent.
Our philosophy is to create a sustainable environment through the respect of nature, while encouraging the physical activity. We do believe in a healthy style of life, specially for young people.
An active respect of nature is one of the keys of the philosophy in our surf camp, for this reason Dreamsea Surf Camp actively participates in cleaning beaches programs. Collaborating with important NGO´s as "Surfrider foundation".
Recycling is a key factor in Dreamsea Surf Camp, so we do always separate and classify the wastes, contributing to respect and save the environment. We do also recycle the old and broken material, creating new furniture's and objects out of it.
Dreamsea Surf Camp believes in a healthy and active life style. That´s why we see it as an important matter of fact offering the practice of surfing. We encourage the practice of sport and physical activities, especially for young people because it is a period of high vulnerability.
We do also, in accordance to our philosophy, organize a lot of different activities complementing the surf (beach volley tournaments, beach soccer, table tennis, mountain biking, etc...).
It is our dream that young people from all around the world can come to our surf camp to share experiences, culture and values, enjoying a lifetime experience and the best holidays they could ever dream of.
Learn and improve your surfing skills with the best professionals at Dreamsea Surf Camp.
Joining our surf camp you will receive 10 hours of lessons per week, all of them in the water, 15 hours if you book the intensive lessons course. All with the best qualified and experienced instructors you can imagine, all our instructors will teach you not just how to surf, but how to enjoy the ride, and most important of all, how to enjoy the learning process, in a lifetime experience.
In Dreamsea Surf Camp you will be safe and comfortable all the time in the water because we provide one instructor and one assistant per eight students. Our instructors will be in the water helping you out, so you will take advantage of the personal attendance our instructors will give you. Your instructor will be the same all the week long, meaning a better communication flow.
Our surf camp instructors are one of the keys that make us different from the rest. All our instructors have the surf instructor licence, and our surf instructors ain't no mercenaries, they love the surf, and more important, they love teaching surf, so they will make a top effort to make you enjoy and love the surf as they do, while being safe. We guarantee you, you are gonna love your surf instructor, the surfing experience, the Dreamsea Surf Camp team and every second you will be with us.
Each surf lesson lasts 90 minutes, normally one to two lessons per day, this makes Dreamsea Surf Camp the best option if you are really interested in learning how to surf. Of course in our surf camp we have the best equipment, that you can use, even after the surfing lessons, all for free.
Why Dreamsea Surf Camp?
• Because all our surf instructors are qualified and experienced, all of them in possession of the surf instructor certificate, specially chosen to make your learning-improving process an enjoyable, safe and beneficial process. We want you to have the most exciting experience, you and your joy matter the most to us.
• Because in Dreamsea Surf Camp you will receive a minimum of 10 practical hours of surfing lessons per week, all of them in the water, always with an instructor and an assistant per each 8 students.
• Because in our surf camp you will be part of the family, guests and surf camp team members create a big family. In our surf camp you will be able to borrow all our equipment for free.
• Because Dreamsea Surf Camp was created by people with more of 10 years of working experience in surf camps, creating this surf camp to offer an ideal service, better adapted to the needs of our guests.
• Because we believe that food is a really important and to us one of the key points. That is why we do not save on food. We know that in our surf camp there will be a lot of different tastes and that is why we offer a balanced diet and a great variety of first class products, selected by their quality.
• Because Dreamsea Surf Camp has the best quality/price ratio of the sector. As we had explained in our philosophy, it is not a classic business, we believe there are a lot of things more important than money. Our goal is to transmit some principles, a healthy, active and full of energy way of life through sport like surfing.
• Because in our surf camp you will have a great bed with a visco-elastic mattress. We know after a exhausting day a good rest is essential, forget about shabby beds and mattresses, in our surf camp you will be able to have a duly rest.
• Because we truly respect nature, that is why we do recycle everything we can, having different bins, and encouraging all our guets to recycle. Along with other surf camps we organize a "Cleaning the beach" event once a week.
Traveling by plane is always a good choice, safe and fast, and if you are lucky and can find a good flight, it is also an economic way to travel. Find a flight from your home city to one of the nearest airports, and you can contact us to hire our economic shuttle service, we will pick you up at the airport and bring you to the surf camp.
LISBOA AIRPORT (LIS)
Lisbon airport is the nearest airport to Dreamsea Surf Camp Portugal and best option if you plan to arrive by plane, located about 80 minutes away from the surf camp by car, you can find cheap flights from most of the European cities to Lisbon airport.
– We can pick you up from Lisbon Airport, the price for this service is 35€ per person.
– You can also take the Subway from the Airport to the Train (http://www.cp.pt) or Bus (http://www.rede-expressos.pt/) Station and take a train or bus to Grândola. We can pick you up from there for 5€.
FARO AIRPORT (FAO)
Faro airport is also a good option to get to Dreamsea Surf Camp Portugal, less than 2 hour from the surf camp.
– There is the option of taking a bus to Faro Bus Station, and from there to Grândola. More info about the buses at http://www.rede-expressos.pt/ .
– You can also take a bus from Faro ariport to Faro train station, and take a train from there to Grândola, we can pick you up there for 5€. You can check the trains at http://www.cp.pt
Traveling by train is also a good option, especially in mid-distance trips. The nearest train station to the surf camp is Grândola, 25 minutes by car from the surf camp, you can book our economic shuttle service from there for 5€ per person.
If you have your own car, it´s also a good option to get to our surf camp by car, once in Praia da Galé, there is a lot of free-parking areas where you can safely leave your car for a week or two. Check in Via Michelín the best roads to get to our surf camp, you can also check the distance, the approx. time you will spend and the approx. price your car trip will cost. Remember, the destination is:
Praia da Galé
7570-689 Melides, Alentejo, Portugal
Coodenates: N 38º 12.151 | W 8º 46.331
Write us an inquiry with the time period you desire. We will reply immediately and are happy to answer all your questions. Hope to see you soon - your Dreamsea team!