It's your holiday time and you want to spend it learning or improving surfing. You're coming to the right place: Gran Canaria, one of the best surf spots in Europe. Las Canteras beach is one of the best urban beaches in the world, with the advantage of having also one of the best surf spots in the country.
Why Las Palmas de Gran Canaria?
This city if the 7th biggest in the country, with around 400.000 people living in it. You will be able to surf the whole day, but do lots of things more during break time or by night. It's plenty of good bars, restaurants, nightclubbing, beaches, culture, nature, sun.... We use to call the island a "microcontinent". It's worth it!
About our Surf School:
The school is the Canarian School that creates surfers, directed by qualified trainers in physical education and sport with an endorsement of more than 10 years of experience at teaching sports from beginners to high performance sportsmen. A team of professional instructors qualified in keeping the high level of our three basics: SAFETY, FUN AND EDUCATION. The mission of the school is to reassign the values of surf as an urban sport, characterised by its accessibility, by integrating skilled instructions and the importance of education.We are enthusiastic professionals that enjoy our work and the surf. This is why we engage in all its areas. We are a team that is strengthened by the experiences and knowledge of each individual member. Adding our strengths together we are…
About Avocado Surf Hostel:
Opened in 2018, brand new. Avocado Surf Hostel is a charming surf house in Guanarteme's neighborhood. Location is just perfect. You can see people surfing from your room (from inside or from the balcony). If you check the map, you will see that there's a supermarket 5 min. walking. Barbecues every friday and live concerts every saturday. During the week, you can have some drinks in the terrace while you watch the stunning sunset and good music's playing (Marley, Queen, AC/DC, Status Quo, 10cc, Rollings, Dire Straits, Guns N' Roses, Pink Floyd...) You also can play your own! Vibes, vibes, vibes, vibes!
- Surfing lessons with qualified teacher.
- Surfboard, neoprene wetsuit, insurance.
- Accommodation in shared room with balcony and sea views to surf spot (8 people max). 4 people groups can apply for a private room.
- Free access to all the facilities of the hostel: tv projector (Netflix available), free high speed internet, board & neoprene storage, fully equipped kitchen, showers, toilets, common areas, dining rooms and best terrace in town.
- Very good vibes!
Optional (extra charge):
- Shuttle service: 30€ / way.
- Smaller rooms (4 people max). Better for small groups.
- Other activities (SUP, paragliding, fun tours, clear bottom kayaks, handcraft beer brewery visit...)
- Food and beverages.
- Any other service not listed here.
Surf school and hostel are located few meters away each other. From both school and hostel to beach and surf spot is just 20 meters away. We highly focus on our location, you won't find any better in the island. Satisfaction guaranteed!